By now we have all heard that Kim Kardashian has filed for divorce. Front page of the New York Post (great headline “Big A$$ Sham“), even a top story on CNN (thank god they didn’t issue a Breaking News alert). It wasn’t lost on many that she announced the news on Halloween, perhaps she should have gotten married on April Fool’s Day. Nonetheless, Kim Kardashian is a force to reckon with and she is now a fixture in American culture. We predict she will find a new boyfriend soon, and he will be an investment banker. Here’s your weekly round-up…
- Vanity Fair’s Amy Fine Collins donned a chic leopard hat at the opening of milliner Kokin’s Lexington Avenue’s boutique.
- Vivre’s Eva Jeanbart Lorenzotti is the new host of “Project Accessory”, a spinoff of Lifetime’s Project Runway.
- Tracy Stern of SalonTea will be featured on “Mad Fashion” on Bravo on Tuesday, November 15th.
- Cynthia Rowley has launched a new fashion line inspired by her husband, Mr. Powers.
- Michael Gross‘ new book is out: “Unreal Estate: Money, Ambition and the Lust for Land in Los Angeles“, and HBO is buying the book for a series by Joel Silver.
- Former Page Sixer Paula Froelich has published a guide to New York City, now available on Amazon for 99 cents. Let your fingers do the clicking and get it today!
- Happy birthday TODAY to Glamourpuss designer Courtney Moss. TOMORROW to photographer Christopher London and lawyer extraordinaire Ed Hayes. FRIDAY is restaurateur Alison Price Becker’s birthday. NEXT WEEK: Wish a happy birthday to Mitch Owens, special projects editor at Architectural Digest, on Monday!
- Twitter item of the week: More Kardashian fodder: Twitter users share “Things Longer Than Kim’s Marriage“.
- Upcoming event highlights: TONIGHT: Check out the launch of The Fifty Photographs Collection with the New York Times and the CFDA, and then head over to Chelsea Piers for the Phoenix House Foundation 2011 Fashion Award Dinner. TOMORROW: Thursday night is the Fountain House Fall Fete with cocktails at Soigne K followed by dinner and dancing at the Racquet and Tennis Club. FRIDAY is the much-anticipated Casita Maria Fiesta honoring Roberto Cavalli. NEXT WEEK: Tuesday is the unveiling of A Brilliant Art Installation hosted by Harper’s Bazaar and Swarovski, and curated by Blair Voltz Clarke. See our events page for details on these and other events.
It’s now 52 days until Christmas! Send us your gift ideas for our Holiday Gift feature launching in next week’s newsletter. We especially love gifts that give back to charity. Send your ideas to email@example.com!
This Week’s “BUSINESS” Movers and Shakers
Christine Cachot Williams
Heather Crosby Mnuchin
See the full list here
Terry Lundgren @ PR Photos
Updated every week, Movers and Shakers ranks the top “movers” and “shakers” in New York in a variety of categories as determined by changes in percentage rank.
This Week’s “REAL ESTATE” People Rank
See the full list here
Steve Wynn @ Retna
Updated every week, People Rank lists a selection of the top people in New York in a variety of categories as determined by total value rank.
Photo of the Week @ PR Photos:
Sandra Lee @ PR Photos
What: The 16th Annual Bette Midler’s New York Restoration Project
Who: Sandra Lee
See more recent event coverage here.
Fame Game’s Most Visited People Profiles
See what this week’s most visited profiles were…
1. Matt Nye
2. Courtney Crangi
3. Heidi Waumboldt
4. Paul Tuminaro
5. Dee Dee Ricks
Dee Dee Ricks @ Christopher London
“The Education of Dee Dee Ricks” premiered on October 27th on HBO. It is the story of Dee Dee’s mission to defeat cancer and help others do the same.
Fame Game’s Most Visited Organization Profiles
Here are the week’s most popular pages for companies and organizations on Fame Game…
1. New York Design Center
2. Opera Gallery
3. Whiteboy Clothing
4. Ariane Zurcher Designs LLC
New York Design Center