Not much good news this past week to report on. Michael Jackson’s doctor was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, a coach at Penn State is accused of sexual abuse of minors over a span of more than ten years, another sexual harassment charge against Republican hopeful Herman Cain surfaces… Pretty dark stuff. Lest we find solace in the fact that our nation found “Puss-in-Boots” to be the most popular movie of the weekend, we will make it through the week. Here’s your weekly round-up…
- CNBC star Nicole Lapin has launched Recessionista.com, the first in a series of media platforms to produce female-focused content by her production company, Nothing But Gold.
- Model and fashionista Coco Rocha has launched a jewelry line with Senhoa supporting victims of human trafficking. You can buy the stunning Swarovski jeweled pieces here.
- Former RHONY Kelly Killoren Bensimon has a new manager: Larry Rudolph, best known for rep’ing Britney Spears.
- Interior designer Geoffrey Bradfield is a Mover and Shaker on WhomYouKnow this week.
- Andre Balazs and Chelsea Handler are no more.
- Book parties abound celebrating the new Marisa Berenson book, “A Life in Pictures“, including tonight at the Clic Gallery.
- Happy birthday TODAY to financial authoress Marianna Olszewski. FRIDAY is Leslie Brille and Marina Killery’s big day. THIS WEEKEND: Wish a happy birthday to Harry Hurt, Carlos Souza, Kelly Cutrone and Simone Levinson, all on Sunday!
- Twitter item of the week: Twitter has a new site dedicated to human interest stories, emphasizing the impact that tweets can have on peoples’ lives, just in case you needed inspiration.
- Upcoming event highlights: TODAY: The Hope for Depression Research Foundation holds its Hope Luncheon at 583 Park Avenue, hosted by Audrey Gruss, Coralie Charriol Paul, Dailey Pattee and Patrick McMullan, among an influential roster of committee members. TOMORROW: Don’t miss Autumn in Central Park to benefit the Central Park Conservancy, and the Witness Focus for Change Benefit hosted by Peter Gabriel. NEXT WEEK: Michelle Smith hosts a cocktail to kick off the holiday season in celebration of Grace Outreach. See our events page for details on these and other events.
It’s now 45 days until Christmas! Send us your gift ideas for our Holiday Gift feature launching in next week’s newsletter. We especially love gifts that give back to charity. Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org!
This Week’s “CELEBRITY” Movers and Shakers
Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia +3.4%
Regis Philbin +3.2%
Ashley Olsen +3.2%
Kanye West +3.1%
Samantha Ronson +2.9%
See the full list here
Prince Dimitri @ Billy Farrell Agency
Updated every week, Movers and Shakers ranks the top “movers” and “shakers” in New York in a variety of categories as determined by changes in percentage rank.
This Week’s “FOOD” People Rank
See the full list here
Eric Ripert @ Retna
Updated every week, People Rank lists a selection of the top people in New York in a variety of categories as determined by total value rank.
Photo of the Week @ Rob Rich:
Amy Fine Collins & Joanne de Guardiola
Amy Fine Collins & Joanne de Guardiola @ Rob Rich
What: The Breast Cancer Research Foundation Annual Symposium and Awards Luncheon 2011
Who: Amy Fine Collins and Joanne de Guardiola
See more recent event coverage here.
Fame Game’s Most Visited People Profiles
See what this week’s most visited profiles were…
1. Eugene Sadovoy
2. Gary Jaworski
3. Michelle Barish
4. Bianca Levin
5. Todd Meister
Eugene Sadovoy @ PR Photos
Fame Game’s Most Visited Organization Profiles
Here are the week’s most popular pages for companies and organizations on Fame Game…
2. Tiffany & Co.
3. Hope for Depression Research Foundation
4. Billy Farrell Agency