Summertime, summertime, summertime… What’s with this cold NYC weather? Let’s hope it heats up for this weekend out east! Here’s your weekly round-up…
- The founder of aSmallWorld, Erik Wachtmeister, is moving on. Now, he has started Best of All Worlds, and if you didn’t get your private invitation yet, don’t hold your breath!
- French label Vionnet is now owned by socialite Goga Ashkenazy.
- This is what 48 looks like: fabulous Veronique Pittman.
- Twitter item of the Week: Now that the summer season is in full swing, get your Hamptons updates by following @HamptonsMag on Twitter. And you can read the magazine online now at www.hamptons-magazine.com. (We love Samantha Yanks!)
- Happy birthday TODAY to Podie Lynch, and on Friday to Dini von Mueffling. Sunday is Nathaniel Kramer’s birthday. NEXT WEEK: Wish a happy birthday to Sandra Ripert on June 12th.
- Upcoming events: TONIGHT is the Whitney Art Party at Skylight Studios hosted by Olivier Theyskens, Denise Incandela and Bettina Prentice, with a committee to die for. NEXT WEEK: Monday, June 11th is the 20th Anniversary Gala of A.C.E. Congratulations to Henry Buhl on 20 years of empowering the homeless. See our events page for details on these events and more!
This Should Be Famous: IfWeRanTheWorld
IfWeRanTheWorld is a real-world experiment in tapping good intentions and turning them into tangible, do-able microactions that anyone and everyone can help you to do. All of us can achieve more than one of us, and everything starts with a microaction.
Started by the inimitable game-changer Cindy Gallop, IfWeRanTheWorld is a work in progress that seeks to tap the single largest pool of untapped natural resource in the world: human good intentions.
If I ran the world, I would …
Photo of the Week @ Rob Rich:
Russell Simmons & Courtney Sale Ross
Russell Simmons & Courtney Sale Ross @ Rob Rich
What: The “9th.Annual Live @Clubstarlight” at the Ross School
in East Hampton
Who: Russell Simmons & Courtney Sale Ross
See more recent event coverage here.
Fame Game’s Most Visited People Profiles
See what this week’s most visited profiles were…
1. Harry Dubin
2. Carolina Bermudez
3. Charlotte Sarkozy
4. Thomas James
5. Andrew Warren
Charlotte Sarkozy @ PR Photos
Fame Game’s Most Visited Organization Profiles
Here are the week’s most popular pages for companies and organizations on Fame Game…
1. Hamptons Magazine
3. Alison Mazzola Communications
5. Tommy Bahama Rum