If you missed Super Saturday in the Hamptons, you really did miss out. And we’re not just talking about the shopping benefit for Ovarian Cancer Research. There was a Cinema Society movie screening for Robot & Frank, Bridgehampton Polo Week 2, Watermill Center’s Big Bang Gala and Russell Simmons’ Art for Life. We were most intrigued with all the fashionistas at Watermill… From Vogue’s Meredith Melling Burke, to Vensette’s Lauren Remington Platt, Annelise Peterson, Valerie Boster, Sofia Sanchez Barrenechea, Margaret Luce, and FameGame’s own Tatiana Platt, it was a Hamptons olympics of style. Here’s your weekly round-up…
- Hamptons Editrice Samantha Yanks dishes on CBS New York (see video) about Super Saturday and Art for Life.
- Vanity Fair has released its International Best Dressed List which opens with Kate Middleton, H.R.H. the Duchess of Cambridge, very Olympic-ly spirited! The list also features NYT “On the Street” photographer Bill Cunningham, brand consultant Michelle Harper and Alice & Olivia fashion designer Stacey Bendet.
- Meanwhile, Vogue is now doing a weekly Best Dressed List, and this week the list includes Sofia Sanchez Barrenechea.
- Season 2 of Bob and Cortney Novogratz’s show “Home by Novogratz” premieres on HGTV this Saturday, August 4th.
- Taylor Swift, a future Kennedy? She is officially dating 18-year-old Conor Kennedy, son of Robert Kennedy Jr. and the late Mary Richardson.
- Twitter item of the Week: Twitter has launched a political index that evaluates the sentiment of Twitter user feelings about President Obama and Mitt Romney: Twindex.
- Happy birthday TODAY to BFA’s Joe Schildhorn! TOMORROW, it’s Nick Loeb (Sofia Vergara’s fiance)’s birthday. NEXT WEEK: Monday is Frank Cilione’s birthday, and Tuesday Charlotte Ronson and Julie Dannenberg.
- Upcoming events: THIS WEEKEND OUT EAST: Saturday is Southampton Hospital’s 54th Annual Summer Party Grand Prix Monaco. And in Montauk, Sole East partners with Escape to Montauk for a weekend festival of music, food, fashion and activities for children. See our events page for details on these events and more!
This Week’s Movers & Shakers: ALL CATEGORIES
See the full list here
Russell Simmons @ Rob Rich
Updated every week, Movers and Shakers ranks the top “movers” and “shakers” in New York in a variety of categories as determined by changes in percentage rank.
Photo of the Week @ Rob Rich:
Harry Brant & Michelle Harper
Harry Brant & Michelle Harper @ Rob Rich
What: Watermill Center Gala: The Big Bang
Who: Harry Brant & Michelle Harper
See more recent event coverage here.
Fame Game’s Most Visited People Profiles
See what this week’s most visited profiles were…
1. Ashley Stark
2. Valerie Boster
3. Heather Graham
4. Lauren Remington Platt
5. Cindy Sherman
Cindy Sherman @ Cindy Sherman
Fame Game’s Most Visited Organization Profiles
Here are the week’s most popular pages for companies and organizations on Fame Game…
1. Bridgehampton Polo
3. Rolls Royce
4. Star Vodka